Superplastic Forming (Titanium)
VerTechs enterprises utilizes San Diego Welding and Forming’s patented 2nd generation Superplastic Forming (SPF). This is the most technologically advanced high-temperature forming method for titanium.
Our patented forming process is done in a vacuum furnace, therefore keeping any possible contaminants out of the Titanium and essentially eliminating any post processing or chem-milling.
- Process is ultra-clean; the ultra-uniform thermal environment results in outstanding quality and repeatability.
- Proprietary technology gives superior dimension tolerances with half the thinning of other processes.
- Patented tooling sets new size standards, virtually no size limitations.
- Allows for complex shapes. Deep drum, zero negative draft and .3T bends possible.
- Process is applicable for other metals such as Inconel, Aluminum, ODS alloys and Y-Aluminums.
We use the most technologically advanced environmentally controlled welding processes possible.
We are also certified to do our own Non Destructive Testing (Florescent penetrant inspection) on our welds in house.
Our Services Include:
Electron beam welding (EBW) – a fusion welding process in which a beam of high-velocity electrons is applied to two materials to be joined. The workpieces melt and flow together as the kinetic energy of the electrons is transformed into heat upon impact. Our EBW is performed under vacuum conditions to prevent dissipation of the electron beam. It was developed by the German physicist Karl-Heinz Steigerwald, who was at the time working on various electron beam applications.
We offer a wide range of welder qualifiations, qualified to AWS D17.1 standards
- Environmentally controlled welding
- Gas Tungsten (GTAW, TIG)
- Metal Inert Gas (GMAW MIG)
- Pulsed Metal Inert Gas (GMAW-P)
- Micro – TIG
- GTAW Seam Welding
Our full service machine shop gives us the ability to manufacture and control our internal tooling and fixturing as well as manufacture for our customers.
- -3,4, and 5 axis CNC Milling
- CNC turning
- VTL turning up to 80” diameter
- Electron Discharge Machining (EDM)
- Jig Boring
- Ultra precision CMM inspection
- Non Destructive Testing (Florescent Penetrant inspection)
Brazing/Heat Treat Services
Our various hard vacuum furnaces allow us to control our heat treat processes in house, once again controlling our quality and processes. We can take our furnaces up to 2100 degrees F and do a variety of size parts. We are experts in heat treat and brazing processes and use these furnaces daily in our superplastic forming of parts. Our largest furnace runs 70″ in diameter and is 78″ tall.
Roll Formed Rings and Ring Segments
VerTechs specializes in providing precision roll formed rings and ring-segments for a wide variety of industries, particularly for aerospace, petrochemical and commercial applications. Our rings are used as seals stiffeners, flanges, bellows and other ring applications.